accessing Jira server

laso January 30, 2015

i have installed JIRA trial server version and it works fine on my computer localhost:8888, the issue its that im completly new about JIRA, and i don't know how to  login from another computer to the computer where JIRA server its installed.

We intend to install JIRA on our servers and accesing JIRA as user or administrator from anotehr computer; its what we don't know how to do.

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2015

Hello,

Do you have a DNS set up? To me it sounds like you're having issues because the server isn't pointing to a hostname, or resolving anywhere else because you do not have an internal or external DNS configured with the application. 

laso January 30, 2015

the fact here its that im not testing over the server, im testing over windows 7 and it has no DNS setup, even if the DNS were working , i should do any extra configurations on it??

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2015

Well, if this computer is accessible, have you tried giving out the IP with the port number? Is that working for other people attempting to access this instance? If not, you might want to check the sharing and security settings of the computer and the network itself. Regardless, if it isn't publicly shared, then you will need to share the server's information. Otherwise it will only be accessible on the server itself. But, I'd check out some of the discussion on this answer (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/169259/change-jira-access-url) because it may have a bit of what you're asking about with accessibility. Although they talk about DNS, there might be some ways around this... Additional configurations for accessibility (which is what I think you're asking about) that I would suggest is setting up additional users to simply access the Jira environment itself. I'm don't know enough about your organization to suggest most configurations, but you can do some pretty cool stuff with global and project-based permissions.

laso February 2, 2015

thanks for the rep;y, im sorry not answering before, im reading that post you indicated, and i hope to reach a solution, as i said, im completly new about networks and JIRA so, i hope i can make it thanks

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2015

Good luck!

Suggest an answer