about the issue's resolution

gonzalo zegarra March 30, 2016

hi

When i create an issue . i need that issue has the resolution 'resolved' in its first statuts.

actually it doesn't happen when i create an issue

thx

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2016

You can do that in the post function of the Create transition. Or you can add resolution field on the Create screen and force the selection of one of the resolutions.

Having said that, it is never a good idea to set resolution on Create. JIRA considers a ticket with resolution as a ticket that is completed, irrespective of the status. There are so many built-in functionality in JIRA that uses the resolution, instead of statuses, to report on what is left. You might want to re-think the whole thing!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2016

There are some use-cases for it, but seriously, I doubt you've run into one.

Don't do it, you really do want the issues unresolved at first.

Sanjeev Kumar A C April 15, 2016

Issues with any non-empty value in Resolution field is considered as resolved. I want only certain values of Resolution to be considered as resolved. For example, 'Done' or 'Verified' values to mean issues as resolved. Any value other than these, including empty, should be considered as unresolved. Is this configurable and, if yes, how?

Thanks in advance.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2016

No, it's very simple.  If the resolution is filled, then it is resolved.

It's complete nonsense to have resolutions that do not mean resolved.  Don't do it.

Suggest an answer