about mail handler

Nicolas Ligot August 11, 2014

Hi,

I have a little problem with the default JIRA mail handler system. I try to create a JIRA intance for my company to manage the service desk. So the aim is to convert customers demand send by e-mail into issues in JIRA. I succeed in but my problem is that for one mail handler there are only one project and one issue type matching ... On my test model I create one project for one customer so I would like to know if it is possible to create an issue in a certain project depend on the mail address of the expeditor ?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Ligot August 17, 2014

Finally I created a new project which is a "sorting project". I created a mail adress for each issue type and a custom field which received sender email adresses. So when a customer send an email an issue is created in the sorting project and a technician of my company can move this issue in the good project (remember I have one project for each customer) thanks to the custom field.

0 votes
Nicolas Ligot August 13, 2014

yes I have already tried and in my model I use SLAs and others JIRA Service desk Fonctions but my boss and me find that the customer portal is not really the best solution in our case. For our customers who already send demands/issues by e-mail it will be easier to keep this e-mail method and not use customer portal which is not really easy to access (you have to go in jira, then in service desk > customer portal > see the customer portal ... pretty long and complicated)

But I find the JETI plugin which seems to be able to fill my conditions.

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2014

Hey Nicolas.

Did you tried to use JIRA Service Desk?

This is pretty much designed for wahat you are trying to accomplish.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer