Hi,

it' s possible assign an 'issue to more resources?

thanks,

Best regards

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

I think you'll need to explain that in bit more detail. What "resources" are you talking about? What field(s) are we looking at here?

i mean the field "assignee", the activity may be assigned to more than one person?

thanks,

i think that i will clone the activity to assign it to more people

regards

Ah, right.

No. Jira only allows one assignee at a time.

I understand why - where systems do allow for multiple assignees, you often find everyone says "not my problem, one of the others should be handling it" and nothing gets done, but equally, multiple assignees is very useful.

I usually work around it by using one (or both, or variations on):

• Having a dummy user that represents a group of people, mails them all notifications and can be assigned the issue (although no-one can log in as them)
  • Having a separate multi-user picker called something like "everyone who needs to do stuff". You then beat it into your users that the "assignee" is always the one who is utlimately responsible, and if they claim it's someone else's problem, they're either wrong, or they should have re-assigned it sooner.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

27,421 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you