about issues

stefano tassinari January 7, 2013

Hi,

it' s possible assign an 'issue to more resources?

thanks,

Best regards

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2013

I think you'll need to explain that in bit more detail. What "resources" are you talking about? What field(s) are we looking at here?

i mean the field "assignee", the activity may be assigned to more than one person?

thanks,

i think that i will clone the activity to assign it to more people

regards

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2013

Ah, right.

No. Jira only allows one assignee at a time.

I understand why - where systems do allow for multiple assignees, you often find everyone says "not my problem, one of the others should be handling it" and nothing gets done, but equally, multiple assignees is very useful.

I usually work around it by using one (or both, or variations on):

• Having a dummy user that represents a group of people, mails them all notifications and can be assigned the issue (although no-one can log in as them)
  • Having a separate multi-user picker called something like "everyone who needs to do stuff". You then beat it into your users that the "assignee" is always the one who is utlimately responsible, and if they claim it's someone else's problem, they're either wrong, or they should have re-assigned it sooner.

Suggest an answer