a version has issues but not searchable

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2014

Hey

I have got a jira version Version_12 and i can see there are about 26 issues which have their fix version selected as Version_12

However, when i go to JQL and do a search fixVersion=Version_12 i get a error message

The value Version_12 does not exist for the field fixVersion

I intially thought it was a case of broken indexes but i have reindexed since and the problem persists

How can i fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2014

Hi Rahul,

What is showing when you go to your project then Versions and click on the specific version (and view All Issues)?

This should redirect you ro the JQL with the specific query. You can compare this query to yours and see if there is any difference. I do not know which version do you have but maybe there will be a slight difference.

This might be also casued by "_" which is I remember was a lot of time a cause of specific problems. (example Activity Streams, Projects, ... )

-Mirek

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2014

Hi Mirek

That resolved my issue, when i went into the versions through project and clicked on all issues i realised that ther was a tab infornt of the name which was making it unsearchable. After removing the tab, the version was again searchable.

thanks for your help

rahul

Suggest an answer