Zephyr latest test execution

Stanislav Polyakov May 29, 2014

Hello!

I need to get latest test execution to watch status of whole test.

For example: I have some testers which has his own test Cycle. In each cycle tests could repeat between cycles. (Tester 1 in his cycle has tested Test 1 and Tester 2 in his cycle has tested Test 1)

So, here is the question, how can I get selection with latest tests execution? Is it possible to get analog of SQL GROUP BY in JQL which will give me uniqie tests and their latest executions?

Or is it possible to use eazyBI addon to solve this problem?

Current solution which I use is to get full export of all executions into excel, group by 'test summary' and order by 'executed on', but with 400+ tests it is very difficult.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2014

Hi Stanislav,

I don't think you can do Group by attribute in JQL or ZQL as they are not generic querly languages like SQL.

Yes, eazyBI should solve that problem, you definitely use the trial version to give it a try.

What I do is I have COnfluence with SQL plugin and I query directly to JIRA DB with SQL and display the reports as I want in Confluence dynamically.

If you are not worried about displaying this to users dynamically, you can simply use SQL Express and query to your JIRA DB.

Here is an example for SQL query about the test cases:

Test Cases last executed On with a column of failed tests:

SELECT c.NAME, c.DESCRIPTION, MAX(DATEADD(MILLISECOND, cast(AO_7DEABF_SCHEDULE.EXECUTED_ON as bigint) % 1000, DATEADD(SECOND, cast(AO_7DEABF_SCHEDULE.EXECUTED_ON as bigint) / 1000, '19700101'))) as [Last Executed On], sr.Total as [Failed Tests]
FROM AO_7DEABF_SCHEDULE,(select AO_7DEABF_CYCLE.NAME,COUNT(AO_7DEABF_SCHEDULE.ID) as [Total] from AO_7DEABF_CYCLE,AO_7DEABF_SCHEDULE WHERE
AO_7DEABF_SCHEDULE.CYCLE_ID = AO_7DEABF_CYCLE.ID
AND AO_7DEABF_SCHEDULE.STATUS ='2'
AND AO_7DEABF_CYCLE.PROJECT_ID = 'XXXXX'
GROUP BY AO_7DEABF_CYCLE.NAME) sr
INNER JOIN AO_7DEABF_CYCLE c ON c.NAME = sr.NAME
WHERE c.PROJECT_ID = 'XXXXX'
GROUP BY c.NAME,c.DESCRIPTION,sr.Total

1 vote
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2014

Hi Stanislav!

Test issues and their issue type 'Test' will be imported to eazyBI, but currently Zephyr specific fields like Test status or other Test execution details by default are not imported to eazyBI. We are concidering possibilities to add import of Test specific fields to eazyBI.

For now I can suggest you to import additional properties to the test issues, like latest test execution result and date, as SQL select from JIRA database.

Please let me know if you need assistance with creating this SQL select or column mapping for this additional data import.

Kind regards,
Lauma
support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer