Zephyr for Jira add-on within OnDemand ?

Ulrich Kelchtermans May 29, 2013

Will the 'Zephyr for Jira' add-on be available within OnDemand ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

Hi Ulrich,

Currently, as you know, Zephyr for JIRA is not available in JIRA OnDemand deployments. Atlassian is in complete control of what plugins are available in OnDemand instances of JIRA. I personally work at Zepyr, and we can't make that decision.

Atlassian Connect is a step in that direction, and Zephyr has analyzed what it would take to make our plugin work inside the new model.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/AC/Atlassian+Connect

Our plugin is deeply intertwined with the JIRA database and an deployment with this new method can't actually work the same way it does in the OnPremise deployments. So this isn't simply a slam dunk solution. It would require a high volume of work to complete and may mandate that some features would have to be left out.

I hope this has shed some light into our thinking process. I can only conclude that a quick resoltuion isn't in the cards yet.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Suggest an answer