[Zephyr for Jira] Filter cycle by custom field

Malin Edvardsen February 25, 2015

Hi! I have some custom fields added to my tests. I need to be able to see a list of every test that has a given value in one of their custom fields and see what test cycles they are added to.

I would also want to see all tests for a given version with a given value in one of the custom fields that run on any test cycle with a given environment and then see the value for the related build option for that test cycle.

Ex:
version = X and testParam1 = option1 and environment = env1

Key        Summary      Test Cycle      Build      testParam1      testParam2
TMS-1   bla bla bla      cycle1            build1    option1             option1
TMS-1   bla bla bla      cycle3            build3    option1             option1
TMS-2   bla bla            cycle1            build1    option1             option2
TMS-2   bla bla            cycle2            build2    option1             option2
TMS-2   bla bla            cycle3            build3    option1             option2
TMS-3   bla                  cycle5            build5    option1             option1

I don't care about the results for executing any of these. This is just information that I need to be able to manage the thousands of tests that we have.

Other nice things that I cant see how to do:
Compare what tests are in different cycles (get a list of "in both", "only in ...", "only in ...")
Be able to see for all tests with a given component, for a given version, what tests are added to what test cycles

Ex: 

version = X and component = comp1

Key       cycle1      cycle2      cycle3      cycle4      cycle5
TMS-1      v                              v 
TMS-2      v              v
TMS-3                                                      v              v           
TMS-8        
TMS-9                                      v
TMS-12                                                    v

Any of these things possible? Anything you plan on adding?

Thank you for your help,
Malin 

1 answer

0 votes
vimal kumar June 24, 2015

Hello Malin,

Currently Zephyr does not have a feature to add custom fields in "search test execution" page and compare what tests are in different cycles We need some additional information to add this in feature request list. Could you please raise a support ticket with us by access through the below link.

https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us

Regards,

Zephyr Support.

Suggest an answer