Zephyr for JIRA Test Cases

Heath Birkholm May 19, 2014

Is it possible to have a "Parent Issue" and then have tests, bugs, ect be "Child Issues" with in, rather than having to link every test case and bug to the initial task? This would help organize Tasks, tests, and bug fixes all in one. If not, has it been discussed to implement something like this for Zephyr for JIRA?

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Subhendu Chattopadhyay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2014

Use structure plug in to create multi level issues.

Heath Birkholm May 21, 2014

Thank you Subhendu, for your response, it is greatly appreciated. I will be sure to look into Structure to see if it will meet our requirements.

Thanks again.

0 votes
monstermon April 16, 2015

Heath, this is also a feature i long for zephyr to have. What i did is i created a parent/child and Test link issue type. Parent/Child has "is parent of/to" as outward and "is child of" as inward. Test has "tests" as outward and "is tested by" as inward. I created a subtask of the testcase and clone this subtask and convert this cloned subtask into an issue type "Test". From there, a test case is created(actually acts as subtest) which is a clone of the subtask created within the Parent Test. 

0 votes
Ruly Tafzil May 22, 2014

Unfortunately, the structure plugin is not available for ondemand instances of jira.

Suggest an answer