Zephyr Test Case status update through ZAPI.

Sopan Sagorkar September 10, 2015

Hi,

I have created My own ZAPI client class which can update Zephyr testcase status using ZAPI but problem is:

• If my TestCase is "PASS" in zephyr and i am going to update its status again as "PASS" then it is not happen. And If my TestCase is "PASS" in zephyr and i am going to update its status as "FAIL" then it is successfully done.

1 answer

0 votes
Arun Ravindran September 22, 2015
Hi Sopan
Thank you for using Zephyr.With regards to your query in ZAPI as per the test execution flow,if you are changing the status of an existing executed Test Case and if the new execution status is the same as that of old one you would get a message that "The Test case is already in <XXXX> status".DId you receive any error message or similar message when you changed it from PASS to PASS.
As it is by design if you change the status to another one it will be successfully done.Kind;ly send us the error message or any other relevant message when you performed the first task.
Thanks
Zephyr Support
Sopan Sagorkar September 22, 2015

Hi Arun, Thanks for your response actually there is NO error message.

Sopan Sagorkar September 22, 2015

Hi @Arun Ravindran Can you please tell me how can i update particular Test Case status using ZAPI. For ex: I have 4 Test Cases but i want to update status of only 2 Test Case so how it can be done !!!

Arun Ravindran September 28, 2015

Hi Sopan You can refer our apiary document http://docs.getzephyr.apiary.io/#executionresourceapis And you can update the status by passing the execution id as mentioned in the API /jira_server/rest/zapi/latest/execution/{id}/quickExecute Also Sopan,it would be better if you sign up to our support site and raise a ticket with us a sour ticketing system is highly responsive and our ZAPI experts will clear all your queries via ticket. Please sign up to our support site "https://support.getzephyr.com/hc/en-us"; and use the option "Submit a case" to raise a ticket with us and an engineer will reach out to you soon Thanks ZephyrSupport

mogalapa January 24, 2018

Hi ,

Is there any way i can update multiple testcases status at a time using zapi.

currently i using 

jira_server/rest/zapi/latest/execution/{id}/execute, but with this i am not able to update teststatus of more than 1 testcase at a time

Suggest an answer