Zephyr Search Test Executions - Filter by Version

Joseph Van Der Wee February 4, 2014

The new Search Test Executions feature in Zephyr 2 is great but is there any way to filter by Version? It would be nice to be able to narrow down the results down to executions in a specific cycle.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Edgar Lugo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2014

Hi Joseph,

In the "Search Test Executions" you have the ability to filter your search results by Version. In a ZQL search, you can search by fixVersion and you can also search by cycle. I have provided the syntax to search by cycle and version below.

cycleName = #### AND fixVersion = ####

I've also included the link to our ZQL Reference page which include the list of fields, operators, and keywords compatible with a ZQL search.

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZTD/ZQL+Reference

Kind Regards,

Edgar

0 votes
Marie Goodart (work)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2015

I have the same question:

How can you filter by Version using the LIKE (~) operator.

0 votes
Jakub Kurtiak February 27, 2015

How can you filter by Version using LIKE operator, ie:

Versions:

1.1.1.0/AA
1.1.1.0/BB

I want to do something like: WHERE Version LIKE "1.1.1.0" and I expect to see all executions for these two versions.

Thanks

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2014

Hi Roy,

It should work. You will first want to make sure cycleName is lower case, not upper case. For example I have a cycle called functionality. If I do the following:

cycleName = Functionality

I will get all of the executions that exist in the Functionality cycle.

It is possible you are not getting data due to an indexing issue. What you will want to try is please re index JIRA followed by a Zephyr for JIRA re index. Once you perform the re indexing try again and see if you get the proper data.

Note: to re index Zephyr for JIRA you will need to go to Administration>Add Ons>Zephyr for JIRA>General Configuration page. In here you can re index Zephyr for JIRA.

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Roy Dahan March 25, 2014

The filter by CycleName doesn't work.

For every query I include it, even the simplest one like: CycleName="XX", I get the result: No Tests found matching the request.

Even when I'm trying to filter on cycles that I can see on the bottom pane without filter.

Suggest an answer