Zephyr - Create a Test - Creates an issue

John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2014

While checking over Jira Agile, that my organisation is moving to in due course, I've installed the zephyr Add-in.

On using 'Create A Test' I'm taken to the default issue submission screen.

I expected this to work 'out-of-the-box' - do I need to carry out some post iinstallatiion actions ort is this a compatability issue?

Jira version : 6.2.7 (trial)

Zephyr for Jira : 2.2.1.22101482 (trial)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2014

Oops! Cockpit error I'm afraid.

Thanks for the feedback, but I'd selected a projects with a reduced Issue Type Scheme - missing the 'Test' type.

John

0 votes
G3 July 20, 2014

John,

Just to clarify...

Zephyr for JIRA (Z4J) uses a modified version of a JIRA issue, calling it a "Test Issue Type". Once created, the Z4J Test issue type will contain a 'Test Details' section (where test steps/results are entered) and a 'Test Executions' section that displays one or more iterations/executions of the test (as an execution - steps/results - is added to a test cycle).

So, when you select "Create a Test" from the 'Tests' drop-down menu, you will in-fact be taken to the 'Create Issue' screen you described... again, because the Z4J Test is essentially another JIRA issue type.

This screen will contain the 'Project' field followed by 'Issue Type' field.

The 'Issue Type' field should be populated with the Zephyr icon and the word 'Test' (out-of-the-box).

Selecting "Next" will progress to the next 'Create Issue' screen for filling out details for the Z4J Test.

Selecting "Create" will then create and navigate to the Z4J test where test steps/data/results and executions can be created and added.

Hopefully that may resolve your experience.

Will you provide some other details if you have a different expectation or technical issue beyond that?

- Gray -

Suggest an answer