It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Zephyr 4.0 does not show up "Tests" Menu link Edited

Hi,

JIRA Version: 7.10

Zephyr: 4.0

i can create new "Test" issue type tickets, but there should also be the menu on top navigation - which does not show up in our case.

i'v looked through the community already and didnt find any proepr solution.

i also reinstalled the plugin already.

we do not have any UI customizations on our JIRA Server instance.

thanks for any hint :)

also the menu item "Test" is not showing up in the project:

grafik.png

1 answer

Hi @Mike Barmettler,

Thank you for asking your question on the Atlassian Community. 

Please see the link below to have direct correspondence with our teams support staff. They will be able to answer any technical questions you may have.

https://www.getzephyr.com/support (submit a ticket) 

Thank you,

Team Zephyr

Hi @Mike Barmettler - did you ever resolve this?  We have the same problem now when trying to upgrade to the newest version of the Zephyr add-on.  All of the test tickets remain and we can create new ones but the tests menu in the top navigation bar dissapears.  Thanks.

@David Lawless Any chance you ever found a solution?

I have this problem with a recent upgrade of ZFJ 5.0.0-final version. Can see the Zephyr link on the main page, but ont he individual projects page it is missing and this is only accessible to admin roles.

Hi @Halston Smith  - yes, we are sorted! We noticed that Smartbear released version 4.1.2.41207953 for Jira Server 7.2.9 - 7.13.9 and release notes specifically said (although note we had never previously disabled the test menu for any projects, despite fix saying it was specifically for customers who had done this):

• Fixed the issue with Zephyr Test menu not appearing for some customers after the product upgrade. This issue was specifically seen with customers who had previously disabled the test menu for one or more projects.

Upgrading to this version has been fine and the test menu remained in place!

What was a little disappointing was that we had open support ticket with Smartbear and attended calls with their tech support but they never acknowledged that it was not just us reporting the issue, and never advised us of this new release.

@David Lawless Thanks for the reply!!  Our issue started yesterday. I emailed Smartbear and their only response was 

Users need the “Browse Project” permission for the menu to show up for them

Which of course all the roles point to Browse Project.  So don't think that is the fix.  They came out with ZFJ 5.0 Friday

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

365 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you