Zendesk shared ticket always the same project no matter the project selection

Tim Meade October 17, 2013

Having an issue when sharing a ticket from Zendesk to JIRA. The sharing part works just fine, but it seems to always default to a project instead of the project I select from the dropdown.

Say I have 4 JIRA projects:

• Project 1
  • Project 2
  • Project 3
  • Project 4

They all have mapping schemes setup, so that they appear in the Zendesk JIRA Sharing dropdown box. Well it seems that even if i select Project 4 as my choice, I am always getting my new JIRA ticket entered under Project 1. I believe it has something to do with the setting in JIRA on the Connections section under Zendesk Ticket Sharing Agreements. It is here on this screen that you have to pick a project, issue type, and Default Reporter, and what it looks like is happening is whatever project I select there (you can only choose a single project), is the default project when creating new JIRA tickets via Zendesk Share Ticket method.

How can I create a Zendesk Shared JIRA ticket that corresponds to the dropdown selection rather than always a "default" JIRA project?

Thanks,

Tim

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Meade October 22, 2013

Got an email from Zendesk helpdesk support that says it's fixed:

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the JIRA issues you've been experiencing. We discovered issues which occurred as a result of a change we made to ticketing last week and we have now fixed these issues. You may need to reload/refresh to see the changes, but all should be well now. However, please let us know immediately if this does not seem to be the case. Sorry again for any inconvenience this situation caused you and your team.

I am setting this ticket to solved for now, but please feel free to reply to this e-mail at any time to receive additional support on this issue - your reply will automatically reopen the ticket!

I did infact verify that this was fixed by creating a test ticket in Zendesk and sharing it with JIRA and selecting a project other than the "default" with an issue type that was not a "default" either.

0 votes
Erin Griesser October 21, 2013

I'm having the same issue. I've submitted a ticket to ZenDesk and they're looking in to it. I previously didn't have a default set for project and that was working fine. I did notice that JIRA pushed an update to our On Demand instance yesterday. Not sure if this issue is related to that update or not.

0 votes
shawn jiang October 21, 2013

I submitted a ticket to Zendesk. Apprently it's a known issue and they are working on a fix.

0 votes
Joost Van den Cruyce October 20, 2013

We also have exactly the same problem since last week!

0 votes
shawn jiang October 20, 2013

I'm having the same problem. It was working before and all the sudden it stopped working.

Suggest an answer