Zendesk field mapping (Zendesk Support for Jira app) not working

Jake Warren December 13, 2022

I have a pretty basic setup, where I have 4 JIRA system fields mapping to Zendesk, and only that direction. The fields are:

Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 5.43.16 PM.png

All of the Zendesk fields are "Text" type fields. 

Behaviors I'm noticing:

• JIRA Ticket Number seems to be the most consistent in working
  • JIRA Status is inconsistent, though no theme found on the ones that don't sync. It will be simple statuses like "Open" (which show fine in other instances). Not project specific either. 
  • Sprint never comes through
  • Fix Version/s never comes through

Any thoughts on this?

3 answers

1 vote
Dhiren Notani_Exalate_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2022

Hi  @Jake Warren ,

This is Dhiren from Exalate.

Exalate, provides a fully bi-directional synchronization between Zendesk and Jira (among other ITSM systems) that is fully customizable. It is easy to set up and the entire customization can be configured using a no-code interface. 

You can also synchronize fix versions, sprints, custom fields, statuses and a lot more. We even have a scripting engine which is based on Groovy scripting. It provides a lot of flexibility and you can achieve complex use-cases with ease.

If you would like to see a customized demo of the product in action, feel free to book a slot with us. 

Thanks
Dhiren

1 vote
Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

Hey @Jake Warren 

From my experience with Zendesk-JIRA integration the most common reason for this not to work is you don't have the fields setup on Zendesk side correctly - meaning they are for example a different type of field. 

What integration are you using? The one from Zendesk or some other?

If you use the Zendesk one make sure the fields match this https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408825394458

Jake Warren December 14, 2022

Hi @Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk

Yep, that's the exact article we used to guide us through this setup. All 4 fields are "Text" type on the zendesk side and are compatible based on the JIRA system field they are mapped to. Just as a test to make sure Text vs Multi-line Text wasn't an issue, I tried remapping sprint to a multi-line text zendesk field, but it didn't change the behavior. 

EDIT - Sorry, the app is Zendesk Support for JIRA. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211941/zendesk-support-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 20, 2022

@Jake Warren did you check up with Zendesk's team? If you decide to switch the approach and see whether a 3rd party solution might be suitable - check out ZigiOps. It's a no-code solution that will connect zendesk & jira bi-directionally, transfer the data you want, and sync them automatically. You can customize it (tweak the mappings, etc.). It can read the schema dynamically. Check it out and if you want to learn more, feel free to book a tech demo with our team.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

Suggest an answer