You need to be a Service Desk Agent to access this page.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2017

Hi, 
I just installed Service Desk for evaluation on top of my JIRA Software. 

I created a basic service desk project but there are no queues, SLAs, Request types available. Instead, whenever I go to any of the admin pages (SLA, Request Type, Portal Setting) it gives me the following error. 

Snap! You can't view this page. 

You need to be a Service Desk Agent to access this page. Contact your administrator if you need access.

How do I become an agent? I have given access to service desk group and I am added in it as well. In the project's user role, I have added myself as admin and user aswell. Still the same error. 

On the other hand, when I installed the service desk's standalone version on my local system, it worked fine and had all the settings and pages working fine. 

Kindly could anyone explain this to me? 

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2017

It means what it says - go to the project permissions and add yourself as an agent.  Not just "access", but "agent".  Also check you have the access rights to SD under "manage applications"

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2017

But there is no option to add myself as agent in project permissions? 

I installed service desk just by going to manage applications and chosing add service desk on evaluation? Could it be these features are disabled in evaluation? 

And I have added myself in the access rights for SD.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2017

Do I have to make any changes in Permission Scheme of the project? 
When I try to Edit permissions scheme of my SD project, it just shows a blank page.

I still cant figure out how to add agent? 
I thought agents are people who have access to application and global permissions (which I do)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

No, that's the point, you need to add yourself as an agent on that project (via the roles - look for "Service Desk Team"), as well as having the global access to the application.

Evaluation has nothing to do with it, you just need to get the permissions right.

Like DevaKiran likes this
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2017

The issue is resolved now. 
The service desk wasn't installed properly. I had to restart JIRA services for Service Desk to take effect.

I'm not sure why restart was necessary, but issues have been rectified after the restart. 

Like Niranjan S Manjunath likes this
Niranjan S Manjunath June 25, 2019

Sounds like Atlassian thinks you are just supposed to get it. I am sorry folks, but this just isn't intuitive at all!

I see the same error that the OP published but I see it. I added myself as a "Service Desk Team" and all the roles I could be part of. Still, no luck. 

And since I am using the SaaS version there is no restart available. So, what am I supposed to do now?

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2019

It means what it says - go to the project permissions and add yourself as an agent. Not just "access", but "agent". Also check you have the access rights to SD under "manage applications"

Niranjan S Manjunath June 28, 2019

I had to ask my JIRA Admin to look at it. He eventually had to add a license for service agent on my account. Nothing was changed on the project or roles for me. I am still part of the "Service Desk Team". I would argue that the error message is a bit generic and it takes a real JIRA guru to figure out whats causing it :)

Thank you for your time. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer