You must define an attribute called 'key' for this tag.

Neeraj Kumar August 13, 2013

I am new to Jelly. I am getting an error in my script:

Could not run script.
Extra Information: [hide]

Error: <JiraJelly xmlns:jira="jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.enterprise.JiraTagLib">
Exception: org.apache.commons.jelly.MissingAttributeException: null:10:0: You must define an attribute called 'key' for this tag.
java.io.PrintWriter@13ed5baf

The issue is being updated in the database, and the comment can be seen.

File does not get attached.

Inserted date is a custom datetime field. It does not get updated either. What is going wrong?

&lt;JiraJelly xmlns:jira="jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.enterprise.JiraTagLib"&gt;
&lt;!--
    Add your own Jelly XML here
    For documentation on the JIRA tag library see:
    http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/latest/jelly.html
--&gt;
&lt;jira:CreateIssue project-key="PRJP" assignee="PRJadmin" summary="Example Summary 8:40" description="This is for 
the template" reporter="Neeraj" duplicateSummary="ignore" issueKeyVar="key"/&gt;
&lt;jira:AddComment issue-key="${key}" comment="A comment on ${key}"/&gt;
&lt;jira:AttachFile issue-key="${key}" filepath="D:\web-testing.txt" option="override"/&gt;
&lt;jira:AddCustomFieldValue name="Inserted_date" issue-key="${key}" value="07/Aug/13 9:01 PM"/&gt;
&lt;/JiraJelly&gt;

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

Yes, as called out on the documentation for this element, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Tags#JellyTags-jira%3AAttachFile

key is a required attribute that points to the issue key to add the attachment to.

Yeah, silly it is different than addComment, which uses issue-key for the same purpose.

Suggest an answer