You dont have permission to create issue

Neeta Dubey September 21, 2015

One of our client user is unable to create ticket although permission helper shows that he is active user and have permission to create issue. Attached are the screen shot. Please assist.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2015

What is the actual error you get?  Can they start creating the issue, or does it just not offer them the project they're trying to create it in?

Neeta Dubey September 24, 2015

Hi Nic, You don't have the correct permissions - user (15004893 ) not found. Although when I check in permission helper it does show that this user have creat issue. I've also explicitly given create issue permission to this user. Any help would be appreciated.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2015

Ok. But when do they get the error?

Neeta Dubey September 25, 2015

When they login. Enter ticket details like summary, description etc and hit the create button at the bottom.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2015

So not when they log in, but when they try to create an issue. Do you have any validators or post-functions on the "create" transition?

I dont have explicit validator which will prevent them from creating ticket. Rest all user are to create issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2015

Not quite what I asked. Do you have ANY validators? Or post-functions?

Yes i've create issue permission validator.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2015

And what does it say exactly? And are there others? And what post-functions to you have?

vickey palzor lepcha September 25, 2015

may be project specific problems ?

I'm attaching validator and post function screen shot. just to rephrase the issue. Only two client user are unable to create ticket. rest client user can create it fine.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2015

Ok, good, not the validators then. You need to run four tests now: 1. With both added post-functions in place (We already know this fails, but I wanted to mention it for completeness) 2. With the "assign" post-function, but not the "set security level" 3. With the "set security level" post-function, but not the "assign" 4. With both "assign" post-function and "set security level" removed.

Suggest an answer