You dont have permission to create issue

One of our client user is unable to create ticket although permission helper shows that he is active user and have permission to create issue. Attached are the screen shot. Please assist.

1 answer

0 vote

What is the actual error you get?  Can they start creating the issue, or does it just not offer them the project they're trying to create it in?

Hi Nic, You don't have the correct permissions - user (15004893 ) not found. Although when I check in permission helper it does show that this user have creat issue. I've also explicitly given create issue permission to this user. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok. But when do they get the error?

When they login. Enter ticket details like summary, description etc and hit the create button at the bottom.

So not when they log in, but when they try to create an issue. Do you have any validators or post-functions on the "create" transition?

I dont have explicit validator which will prevent them from creating ticket. Rest all user are to create issue.

Not quite what I asked. Do you have ANY validators? Or post-functions?

Yes i've create issue permission validator.

And what does it say exactly? And are there others? And what post-functions to you have?

may be project specific problems ?

I'm attaching validator and post function screen shot. just to rephrase the issue. Only two client user are unable to create ticket. rest client user can create it fine.

Ok, good, not the validators then. You need to run four tests now: 1. With both added post-functions in place (We already know this fails, but I wanted to mention it for completeness) 2. With the "assign" post-function, but not the "set security level" 3. With the "set security level" post-function, but not the "assign" 4. With both "assign" post-function and "set security level" removed.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

535 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you