You cannot edit the configuration of this project

Peter Bunde Hansen July 17, 2017

Fellow sufferers!

I wish to query the roles in a project in Confluence.

This is my URL, 'YR' being the project key:

https://csc-ejendom.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/project/YR/role

I get this answer:

{"errorMessages":["You cannot edit the configuration of this project."],"errors":{}}

Why, when my query is strictly a READ action, do I get this response?

BW Peter Bunde Hansen

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

Confluence does not have projects, it has spaces.  Nor does it have roles.

You are trying to read a JIRA project with that call.  My guess is that you are issuing a Post, Put or Delete against it, where you should be using a Get.

Peter Bunde Hansen July 17, 2017

Hi Nic

Is ther any way I can tag or assign some of the members in Confluence, and then query and only get that subset of alle the members?

Our projects have like 50 people - but only 10 are reviewers. I need to somehow define that subset in Confluence and then do a REST call that only gets those members back.

BW Peter

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

Create a "reviewers" group and put them in it.  You can read the membership of groups over REST.   Same for JIRA if you're going to talk about projects instead of spaces.

Suggest an answer