You are not permitted to add multiple global transitions to the same status.

Eliya B. David March 7, 2016

Trying to display a screen after an issue transition. 

I'd love to get some help (new to jira)

Best,

Eliya

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2016

Could you expand on "trying to display a screen after an issue transition"?  When you complete a transition in JIRA you land on the issue view, or the screen you were on when you triggered the transition, so adding another screen doesn't make a lot of sense.

0 votes

Hi and thanks for the reply. 

I'd like to add a screen that will show up each time I'm dragging an issue from any step in the workflow to the status "Done".
I've already created a screen with the custom fields I need but I can't figure out how to make it pop up once you drag an issue to "Done". 
Attaching the error I get
Thank you!Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 4.42.13 PM.png
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2016

That's an error happening because you are trying to add another transition to a step in a workflow when you already have one.  Nothing to do with screens.

If you want a screen to pop up during the transition (i.e. when moving to "done", I want to ask the user to update the "versions" field), then you need to amend the current global transition and tell it to use a screen that contains that field.

Thanks. How can I amend the global transition?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2016

Go back to the workflow view and find the arrow(s) going into the "done" status.  One of them will be the global transition, and you should be able to click on that to get the transition settings.

Like J.D. Pace likes this
Julia Haeussermann July 25, 2018

Thank you, Nic! Your answer back then just saved me loads of time. Very helpful!

Suggest an answer