Xporter for Jira - Exporting test steps

Cynthia Grieve November 18, 2016

I have the Add-on Xporter for JIRA Cloud and am trying to export test cases with the detailed test steps.  However, all formats simply give me the top-level view with out the detailed test steps.  I have added  the Test Step Column to the Issues Search screen.  Looking on line it appears Xporter has this capability.

5 answers

0 votes
Cynthia Grieve November 21, 2016

image2016-11-21 10:24:47.png

Here are the add-ons that we are using.

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2016

Cynthia, you should not post an answer to your original question instead of posting a comment to an already existing comment.

I can confirm you are using Zephyr.

We have an add-on called PDF View Plugin that exports Zephyr test steps, executions, step results to PDF, although that isn't an immediate solution for you (not being available for cloud yet). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia-iOPjeVt4

Cynthia Grieve December 2, 2016

Hello - so any thoughts on what can be used in the meantime?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2016

I don't know about any JIRA Cloud add-on that exports Zephyr information, sorry.

0 votes

okay - revisited the screen...Test Step was indeed a Custom Field.  What I am trying to export are the Test Details aka Test Steps

0 votes

image2016-11-18 15:17:45.png

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2016

Based on this screenshot, are you using the Zephyr add-on for test management?

That's important to know for the correct answer.

0 votes

I do not so.  It is the section that is there when we created the Test Cases

Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2016

Can you share a screenshot? Is that field created by another Add on?

0 votes
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2016

Hi, Is the Test Step a custom field?

Suggest an answer