XPorter : Can I use xPorter with conditionals to show only fields which are filled?

never_trust_shadows October 23, 2013

Hi;

First of all I would like to ask is there any way to use newline in between javascript code? And whatabout global variables? Can't I use two different javascript segment which uses the same variable so that I can keep count or some other information that is not possible in just one code segment?

Ex 1. : %{var counter = 0;} %{counter++; "Hello world now the counter is " + counter}

Ex 2. : %{var condition = '$fieldName'.length > 0; if(condition){<newline>

//Put some line, image, table or anything related to "fieldName"

};} // I hope you understand the use, in for loops it solves so many problem.

Second, does it have the ability to create special fields like comments, subtasks and links that is convenient for using for loops? I can create some fields, but the ones enable in Jira does not meet my needs. I also need to be able to create tables, not just lists or plain text areas as a field. To sum up, I need dynamic list areas that I can add my information like as I do in comments section.

2 answers

1 vote
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2015

Hi there,

Xporter for JIRA has a new great feature available on 3.4.0. Take a look here.

This feature allows you to have global variables. It's awesome.

Best,

RMRodrigues.

0 votes
Mohamed_Asalam April 8, 2015

Did you get the solution, even I have a similar requirement, please share if you have some solution of it. 

never_trust_shadows April 12, 2015

Hi Mohamed; For both of those, the answer is no. Xporter supports neither global variables nor dynamic fields. In their documents, "for" usage is limited to several fields such as comments, links and subtasks. It is very strict form of documenting, and if it does not meet your requirement, I encourage you to carry on.

Suggest an answer