XMLHttpRequest cannot load - I receive an error when connecting to Toggle, through Jira.

Charlotte Tournicourt January 26, 2014

Hi,

we are evaluating the Toggle integration for Jira. However, when connecting to toggle, one receives the following error:

XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://jira.comerge.net/. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'http://jira.uitdatabank.be' is therefore not allowed access.

Therefore, it is not possible to log any time by using the plugin, or synchronize work log entries between Jira & Toggle.

There seems to be a conflict in domains? Any idea what's causing this problem?

Configuration with API key seems to be OK, since the project and users that were configured via Toggl are loaded / mapped when configuring the plugin via Jira.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Charlotte Tournicourt January 29, 2014

Problem solved. Conflict after changing the username (Jira v6+).

Denise Unterwurzacher [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2014

Hi Charlotte! A few people have run into this at different times and there doesn't seem to be an accepted way of solving the problem. I was wondering if you could share some detail about how you fixed it so we can create a knowledge base article that will help others. Specifically, what was the username that you changed?

-Denise

Atlassian Support

0 votes
Charlotte Tournicourt February 9, 2014

Hi,

As from Jira version 6.0., one can change the username of each user. When you change the username, it could conflict with the current version of the Joggler plugin, when trying to connect Jira & Toggld.

I contacted Commerge support, their response: if there is no logged-in jira user you are being redirected to jira.comerge.net(fall back, currently a hard coded value). They created an issue for that and will try to fix it in the next Joggler release.

In the meantime, you can reset the username to the original username. That did fix the problem here. (the username that I changed was just some random user)

Suggest an answer