Wrong Issue Count displayed on a version

Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2015

Hi All,

I see that there is a wrong count of issues displayed on a project version in version panel view though clicking the version displays issues.

• Performed Re-Indexing - It did not help

Nothing in logs. Please share your thoughts

Regards

Chander Inguva

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2015

I have seen similar problems when there were invalid associations in the nodeassociation table, pointing issues to (in that case components) that didn't exist, but I imagine the same could happen for versions.

I'd suggest reaching out to our support on support.atlassian.com though. smile

Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/8YCVCQ

1 vote
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2015

Hi Matheus,

Just found the database has some missed links.

select count(*) from nodeassociation where sink_node_id not in (select id from projectversion) and association_type = 'IssueFixVersion';

and 

select count(*) from nodeassociation where sink_node_id not in (select id from projectversion) and association_type = 'IssueVersion';

Expected: They should return 0 rows

But, its displaying records when executed.

Workaround:

delete from nodeassociation where sink_node_id not in (select id from projectversion) and association_type = 'IssueFixVersion';

and

delete from nodeassociation where sink_node_id not in (select id from projectversion) and association_type = 'IssueVersion';

Also i ran these queries to identify which projects have been affected

select COUNT(*) as distinct_issues_in_project, PROJECT from jiraissue 
 where ID IN (select distinct(SOURCE_NODE_ID) from nodeassociation 
where sink_node_id not in (select id from projectversion) and association_type = 'IssueFixVersion') group by PROJECT;

and

select ID, pname from project where ID in (<Project ID's from above query>);

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2015

You will need to re-index JIRA after deleting the missing links if that's the case. Let us know if that fixes the issue. :)

Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2015

Hey Matheus.I will execute that during weekend and let you know.

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
December 21, 2015

I'll be awaiting! :)

Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 23, 2015

Hey Matheus. I applied this on Dev and it worked.

Suggest an answer