Writing custom Post function for Jira OnDemand

Risk Guy April 10, 2014

I am using Jira OnDemand.

Building a custom Workflow for tracking/approving system access requests. Basic elements include:

1. Jira user creates a system access request, selects system name from a drop-down box
  2. Resulting Jira issue should get assigned to a specific system owner for approval, based on which system the access was requested for
  3. Once approved, issue should get assigned to a specific security administrator, so the request can be actioned.

I need to create a custom Post function that will have some very basic business logic along the lines described in 2 and 3 above.

Is there an equivalent of Scrip Runner for Jira OnDemand?

A work around I've seen discussed so far is a combination of "Triger Webhook" post function + my business logic somewhere outside of Jira + REST API call back to Jira.
Cheers in advance for any help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2014

Hi Risk,

currently you can't do that. JIRA On-Demand allows you to install just some specific add-ons (that Atlassian supports) but you can interact just using REST services.

Take a look here for further information https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/index.html

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Risk Guy April 13, 2014

Thanks, Fabio!

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2014

You're welcome Risk,

please mark this answer as accepted.

Suggest an answer