Would like to specify fields to display for single JIRA issue

Wendy Fergusson April 14, 2014

The JIRA Issues macro displays a single JIRA issue with the type, key, summary, and status. We would like to be able to configure which fields to display for a single JIRA issue.

I thought I saw mention somewhere that this enhancement was planned, but I can't find it now so I'm not sure whether I'm remembering correctly.

Anyone know whether configuration of fields for a single JIRA issue is planned or at least already requested? If not, I'd like to request it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adam White June 2, 2014

This is sort of out now in 5.5, but you can only customize the fields in a table, not the normal single issue macro.

Wendy Fergusson June 18, 2014

I guess that'll have to do.

I found a way to fake it before 5.5 as well (format JQL query as "key = <blah> or <field> = <something valid but never true>" - forces it to display the single issue in a table, where you can specify the fields).

Sneedy McCreedy July 27, 2016

This appears to be the case, and it is woefully inadequate for producing professional-quality documents out of Confluence.

This at least is the case when using ScrollOffice, which embeds the field in a table and gives the field name as the column header, which unfortunately is made all lower-case (regardless of its case in Jira).

The result is that every time I want to create a new version of my Word document, I have to go into it and 1) manually convert those tables to text, and 2) remove the redundant content. That is a manual intervention that shouldn't be necessary, and it's time-consuming.

It would be good for Confluence to improve the macros for pulling in JIRA content (eg allow for the presentation of a single JIRA field without using a table), and for ScrollOffice to improve its templating ability. We need more fine-grained control.

Suggest an answer