Would like CSV import to new project match ticket numbers from old system

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2014

I have a CSV file with 1,000 or so tickets. The developers would very much like to retain the same ticket numbers. There are many missing numbers, gaps in the sequence.

Is this possible? I tried matching that column with "Issue ID" and it did nothing. Got all new issue numbers.

Thoughts?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2014

Did you try using "Issue Key" mapping? It should force import to create issues with specified Issue Key

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2014

WOO HOO! THANKS. Works like a charm. And not nearly as hokey. ;)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2014

You'll need to pad the numbers and then delete after importing dud issues.

If you have ABC-1, ABC-1, ABC-2, ABC-5, then you need to import ABC-1, ABC-2, ABC-3, ABC-4, ABC-5 and delete ABC-3 and 4 afterwards.

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2014

So I had thought of this and thought, "that's just hokey". But it does work. So thanks for suggesting the hokey. :)

Suggest an answer