Worklog calendar doesn't respect closed project when used in combination with tempo timesheet

phalassek March 3, 2015

When using Worklog calendar to log time, it doesn't respect closed accounts when used in combination with tempo timesheet. when i use the normal logging function in jira, i'll get a note about the closed account, but not with worklog calendar.

2 answers

1 vote
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2015

Hi Peter,

Currently I am rewriting major part of the Work Calendar to rely on JIRA REST API. Particularly time logging will go through REST method. If Tempo integrated warning or error into appropriate JIRA REST method or rather into "time reported" JIRA event then it will be shown during the reporting. I guess that the currently code that handles time reporting does not trigger appropriate JIRA event and that's the bug.

Sooner than a month from now I will release new version of the Work Calendar and will test it with Tempo for the case you described.

Thank you for reporting the problem! I will update you once it resolved.

0 votes
phalassek March 4, 2015

Thanks for the support. I'm looking forward to it.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2015

Hi Peter! Please update Work Calendar to the latest version that should allow reporting on non-editable issues if that's configured for your JIRA. Please see "Allow editing of Closed Issues": https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Allow+editing+of+Closed+Issues. Unforunatley "Allow logging on closed accounts" and "Allow logging on not editable issues" are Tempo's flag and JIRA is not aware of them. So Work Calendar ignores these Tempo settings.

phalassek May 4, 2015

Hi Volodymyr, we really need this feature and are willing to pay to get it done. Can you please contact me about that? Thanks, Peter

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2015

Hi Peter, I will investigate Tempo API to see if I can integrate with it. Another thing (if Tempo API gives what we need) I need to think is how to make your custom code "plug-able hook" so your still can update Work Calendar to never versions and have your custom code in place. Will update you tomorrow.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2015

Peter, replied via email.

Suggest an answer