Working with FixVersions, affectedVersions and Swimlanes based on JQL

Lars Hahus February 7, 2013

I'm creating stories in a project with multiple FixVersions named after Milestones.
For each milestone theres a swimlane and for each task a fixversion (milestone) to which the story belongs. if stories need futher iterations I put them as affected versions to the milestones they affect.

So for the Swimlane for Milestone 3 i write:

fixVersion = "Milestone 3" OR affectedVersion = "Milestone 3" OR affectedVersion = "Milestone 2"

but the stories created in MS2(fixversion) that affect MS3(affectedversion) won't show.

Should i reconsider how I use MS and versions or is my JQL just off?

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2013

Have you considered have another swimlane? One specifically for MS2(fixversion) that affect MS3(affectedversion)?

Lars Hahus February 11, 2013

We COULD do that but it doesn't make much sense milestonewise. I'd like for my team to have one milestone to finish and be active in, not several. Easier would be to just switch the FXverson to milestone 3 but i was under the impression that versions and JQL played nicely.... :)

Suggest an answer