Working w "Jira 101" tutorial & seems out of date?

Mark Baker July 14, 2015

I'm working independently trying to come up to speed in using Jira for Agile software development. I'm following the "JIRA 101" tutorial (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACLOUD/JIRA+101) in the Add Users section, and it says things like "Don't forget to tick the Add to developers group checkbox." when there's no developers group checkbox shown, and "Remove one user from your license" when there's also no place evident to do that.

Can someone just confirm that I'm going to have to self-triangulate my way through this because Jira's tutorial is not up-to-date with their current release, or am I doing something wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2015
Mark Baker July 15, 2015

Thanks for the fast response, Rodrigo! It looks like a different URL for the same thing (the URL I'm at now indicates it for v6.04), but that's OK, the intent is pretty clear and I can probably triangulate. If I have any questions I'll come back here!

Cris Cusack August 29, 2018

Hi, Mark. Cris Cusack here, Complete and Utter Noob. I'm in the same boat; it looks like the interface is pretty different from the tutorial. Guess we'll have to do a little guesswork!

Best,

--Cris

Suggest an answer