Working hours in burndown chart

Marijn Otte March 1, 2016

I would like to have non-working hours excluded from the sprint burndown chart. Is this possible? (I can find configuration for working days only)

6 answers

1 vote
Guy LaRochelle March 26, 2019

I too always found that ridiculous that the burndown line would include non-working hours (nights).

In fact, I wonder why Jira draws a point for every damn change in remaining hours, be it every minutes. Usually, you draw a burndown line with the total remaining hours every day, not every single minute.

There should be an option to do just that, so either view the full details with every single changes over time, or a daily sum up view.

1 vote
Jeroen Wagner | Provelu December 7, 2018

I would also still like to see this implemented... Still looks silly we flatline in the burndown during night hours.

Please make this available, like the non-working-days

0 votes
andy krouwel June 17, 2021

It's mid-2021 and I'm still not seeing an option to set or hide non-working hours. It makes the gradient of the 'expected time' graph misleading, because it assumes you're going to be working at a constant rate even when you're asleep, which is mad. 

0 votes
Daniel Kuhlwein July 15, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 8.31.33 AM.pngYou have to go into your board settings and then under "Estimation" there is an option to select "Original Time Estimate" instead of "Story Points"

0 votes
Roger Schluep September 5, 2018

I just post a little reply here because this thing seems to be not implemented, yet. Please notify me when it will be implemented.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2016
Marijn Otte March 4, 2016

This page is only about working days, not working hours.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2016

What do you mean by non-working hours?

Marijn Otte March 4, 2016

We work from 9:00 a.m. to 17:00 p.m. but when we have a sprint of one week there are 24 hours in de burndown chart.

Like Rustam likes this
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2016

Burndown charts shows Issues being closed in a current sprint OR hours being logged to it. If you log 24 hours to an issue, that will be reflected in the burn. OR If a particular Story have 8 points and you close that, it will be reflected too. It depends on what configuration you are using.

Jeroen Wagner | Provelu April 13, 2018

That still doesn't answer the question....

We have issues that are 16 or even 24 hours... however... at 8-9 hours work our developers like to go home to their families :-)

The BurnDown chart has its guideline continuing through the night.... which is not realistic... how can we alter this guideline to represent 8 hour working days?

Like Rustam likes this

Suggest an answer