Workfow Status

Rajesh Ramankutty January 10, 2019

Hi Guys,

Am trying to create an workflow which should have 2 status at a time is thr is any possible way to do it kindly give your suggission.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2019

Hello,

No, you can't have a workflow that have two statuses at the same time. It is against the principles of Jira, in my opinion. 

You can use subtasks to seperate issues that you want to have different statuses.

Or you can create a custom field that will serve as an extra status. 

But it is difficult to comment without knowing the main purpose of this.

Regards,

Elifcan

Rajesh Ramankutty January 11, 2019

we have two team which should work at same time in same issue and we have to track those two teams status so we need this option.

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2019

Then, I think you need to use clone issue option. You can use components to differ your teams and when you clone the issue you can change the component of each issue to the related team. That would be the best option, I believe.

Regards,

Elifcan

But cloning of issue will create duplication while taking statics right and the process is to combine all the teams to work in a single track.

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2019

Well, they are still working on a single project. If reporting is what concerns you, you can use components to differ your reports. Also there is issue links, which indicates that your two issues (although two different teams are working on it) are related. 

Also as I suggested above, using subtasks would be another solution. You can create one issue and distribute the issue to your teams on subtasks. You can design a workflow that when all the subtasks are closed, the main issue should be closed, etc. Which one to use, depends on what you are expecting from Jira. But you cannot have two statuses at once on an issue.

Regards,

Elifcan

@Elifcan Cakmak Thank you so much for your responce i will try with sub task.

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2019

You're welcome, I hope it works out for you.

Like Rajesh Ramankutty likes this

Yes mam subtask will work.

@Elifcan Cakmak mam am having some other douts also it will be grate if you could help me.

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2019

Sure, what seems to be the problem?

regarding plugin am just started my carrer in jira and am trying to create skeleton plugin in but cant able to do it properly could you help me to do it.

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 11, 2019

Oh, then you should open another question for that. I don't have much experience with creating plugins, but some other expert could help you.

Best,

Elifcan

Like Rajesh Ramankutty likes this

Suggest an answer