Workflow

Abraham_Georges October 8, 2017

Hi everyone,

So I am learning this Jira and totally love it and it will help my business a lot.

I am setting up an invoice/subscription management flow.

Someone tipped me about Automation for Jira which is nice but I wonder how much can I do without that plug-in?

How can I do so that after I place an issue in Payment Made (status) that it will instantly place the issue in the Renewal Follow-Up (9 Months) status?

I am sure I will follow up with more questions

But for now I wonder, is it possible to have Jira automatically follow-up with clients to ask them if they wish to renew, that Jira will email them a preformatted text email? And also maybe decide the sender?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Skärmavbild 2017-10-08 kl. 13.33.21.png

2 answers

0 votes
Abraham_Georges October 8, 2017

@Peter DeWitt thanks for your reply.

I did install Automation for Jira Lite for now and it can do the transition. I will learn more about it and see.

But I do wonder what the image I attached, what can I do. It shows triggers and other stuff, see to the most right. I have a transition selected. Could you or anyone give example of can be done with that?

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2017

@Abraham_Georges

The triggers are going to be used when Jira is linked with other Atlassian Apps like Bitbucket, Fisheye/Crucible.

The conditions are going to be used for limiting the transition, for example the currently logged in used must be a member of the developers group.

Validators will check to make sure something has been done in order to proceed with the transition.

Post functions are where most of you automation is going to be done.

As far as follow-up, you can use a JQL subscription (check out this blog series https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/jql-secrets-and-shortcuts) to keep tabs on what renewals are due.  Email This Issue (add-on) may allow for an automated email based on a filter but for sure, it supports custom emails templates and the ability to send emails to outside parties from an email button within the issue.

Advanced Workflow Configurations:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-776636620.html

pd

0 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2017

@Abraham_Georges, Welcome to Jira and the community.  Glad to hear it's making a positive impact.  As far as default automation in Jira goes, it's pretty basic.  You are looking to do some advanced stuff with the auto transition and automatic email notifications.  These are going to take some add-on extended functionality.  Check the marketplace for workflow and email add-ons.  There are a bunch out there that could help you out.  Additionally, don't hesitate to contact any of the add-on developers with specific questions.  I have been doing this a while and I have never run into a developer that wasn't eager to help.

pd

Suggest an answer