Workflow validator for Components doesn't work

Karsten Silz January 15, 2018

Hi,

I'm using JIRA 7.3.8 Server, set to German as the main language. I customized the initial step of a workflow to validate that (globally optional) fields are not empty when entering a task. The "Universal Validators" work for Description, Affects Version/s and Environment, but not for Components.

• On the "Universal Validators" screen, there's a dropdown (Click here to insert a field name!). That dropdowns does not contain Components, but it does contain the other three fields I check.
  • When I manually insert the German name of the field - {Komponente(n)} - then I get a JIRA syntax error. If I use the English term - {Components} - then JIRA accepts, but still doesn't check that field.

My non-working validation expression is as follows (Aufgabe is German for Task):

({Components} != "[]") && ({Issue Type} == "Aufgabe")

If I change the !="[]" to !="", then the validation always fails, even if I have a component set.

Here's the related validation expression that does work for Affects Version/s:

({Affects Version/s} != "[]") && ({Issue Type} == "Aufgabe")

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Regards,
Karsten Silz

1 answer

0 votes
Karsten Silz January 23, 2018

As it turns out, the Universal Validator is a feature of the Add-On Workflow Enhancer for JIRA. The validation of components supposedly only works in version 3.5 of the Add-On which we haven't used, yet - see JWFE-55. I hope I'll get to update the Add-On in our installation and see if that helps.

Karsten Silz January 25, 2018

Yes, version 3.6 of the Add-On worked. 

Suggest an answer