Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Workflow transitions do not appear despite of having necessary permissions

In my JIRA, I have issues where workflow transitions do not appear even though I have all the necessary permissions and there are no blocking condtions

3 answers

1 vote

If you have a transition in a workflow, but you cannot see it, then there are three possibilities:

• You are looking at the wrong thing (project, issue type and/or workflow)
  • You do not have "transition issue" permission in that project
  • You do not meet the conditions set on the transition

There's nothing else that would block you - you need to check back over those three things.

Hello, 

I checked all of these possibilities, and I have no problems with that, I mean that I have all necessary project permissions and there are no conditions or validators on the transition.

Thanks for responding

What does the permission helper tell you?

Hello, 

the permission helper indicates that I have all necessary permission on the project

Ok, you'll need to look at the conditions on the workflow directly.  The permission helper cannot tell you about those in full, especially if someone has put in conditions that are not the native Jira ones.

If you have multiple conditions, make sure that you select the conditions to be ANY and not ALL.  I've run into this multiple times only to forget this and spend a good amount of time before realizing it again.

0 votes

I faced several times with the same trouble. For me helps to copy existing WF and publish it. Usually it happends after some changes into WF. 

Hope it will help you too.

Hello,

I tried your solution but it did not work in my case 

Thanks for responding

Suggest an answer