Workflow transition screen is not loading

I have a workflow transition in which I am associating the Edit screen of the project. While selecting the workflow the spinning image is shown but screen is never loading to proceed with the workflow. There is not error in the logs and I have no starting point to investigate this. 

Does anyone have an idea how to proceed with such a case?

5 answers

Check the logs for error, check the browser console for errors. Try a different browser.

Thanks Gabrielle for your comment but exactly this is my issue. I try with Chrome and IE and for both browsers I do not have anything in the tomcat/jira logs neither in the console of the browser. Somehow I believe the problem is with the Edit Screen. The same screen is loaded correctly with Edit command but is never loading during the execution of the workflow (which is using the same screen as transition screen).

Try using firefox, and install firebug. There will be a hint in there if there's really nothing in the logs

Same is happening with firefox and firebug. The last execution is the following url

https://jira/secure/WorkflowUIDispatcher.jspa?id=<id>&action=<actionId>&atl_token=<token>&decorator=dialog&inline=true&_=<numbers>
This is returning 302 Found status in which is redirecting to

https://jira/secure/CommentAssignIssue!default.jspa?inline=true&action=<actionId&atl_token=<token>&_=<numbers>&id=<id>&decorator=dialog

At this point no activity on the page - only the spinning image - no error on console.

If I enter the first url in a new browser tab then redirection is done and the edit screen is shown (not correctly as it does not exists in the modal container)

Also still not a single log/error in any available log file!

I just figure out that the popup containing the edit form is available in the page dom but is hidden. So the problem is to hide spinning image ena make form visible.

Nice! Sounds like its a temporary fix though? Better find out what's the cause.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

229 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you