Workflow transition buttons coming at different places on the screen

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Hi,

I have been facing a typical issue lately in Jira.The workflow transition buttons on the screen are coming at different positions.

eg.if there are more than two buttons the extra ones would be embedded in the workflow tab and we need to click to see the transition button.This varies along various status.

Has anyone seen such an issue?Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

by default the operations bar shows up 3 transitions.

extra transitions will be grouped under "Workflow"

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/128486/transition-not-display-properly-on-view-screen

sorting is managed by "Workflow Transition Properties"

increasing opsbar-sequence will move the transition >

decreasing it will bring it <

"Start Progress" = 20

"Resolve Issue" = 40

"Close Issue" = 60

this is the Order the transition will show up:

Start Progress | Resolve | Close

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2013

I think there's a miskey here - by default, the operations bar shows TWO transitions, but most people increase it to 3 or 4.

It's done deliberately by Atlassian - they believe most workflows will only have a couple of valid transitions and they hide the extras to preserve screen space.

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

Hi Faysal,

Thanks.

I wanted to just show the 3 transition buttons.The order is fine by me.Went through the below article

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-transitionproperties

However making change in the prod server is currently not possible.Any other way out.I tried adding

"opsbar-transitions" to the property key and gave 3 as value.Do u think thats a dumb way of doing it?

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = 4

this is to be added in the jira-config.properties file inside your jira-home (restart jira)

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

I just now tried this:-

Added this "ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions"as the property key with the value 4 for seeing the 3 buttons on the screen.This was done for each of the transition property for a given status.

However doesnt work.Any mistakes that i am be overlooking?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2013

Oops, yes, neither of us explicitly said that before - it's not a workflow function, it's a system property, in the config file C.Faysal pointed out

This may not exist in your installation if you've had no reason to override any system defaults before - it's plain text (someone yesterday was trying to write it in xml, so I thought I'd mention it) and you can paste in exactly that string. The number represents the maximum options it will show before shoving the rest into the "workflow" menu.

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

So that means theres no workaround to get it added via UI as i did?

Suggest an answer