Workflow transition Post-Functions - How do I set a custom ~boolean field to 1?

stephen walcott May 24, 2012

"Add a new post function to the unconditional result of the transition."

There is a simple field option.. which doesn't list multi-checkbox fields.

I'm using this as a single checkbox from an originally boolean source so 0 is unchecked and 1 is checked.

The closest I can get is to increment the value by 1, but nothing that will let me just set it to 1.

At least nothing that I'm seeing. Am I missing something? is there a way to setup the transition to set the custom multi-checkbox field to 1?

2 answers

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2012

I think it's dependent upon the "JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions" but this is my workaround:

I have a single select custom field with different options, for a testing environment:

"Test Environment"

Options include "Local", "Sandbox", "Stage", "Live". I want to set the test environment to "Sandbox" on a transition; I create a custom field called "Set Test Environment to Sandbox". I make the default option for that field "Sandbox". On transition, I copy value of field "Set Test Environment to Sandbox" to "Test Environment". BAM! I would attach a screenshot for clarity, but I don't have any karma points yet. :)

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2012

I think it's dependent upon the "JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions" but this is my workaround:

I have a single select custom field with different options, for a testing environment:

"Test Phase"

Options include "Local", "Sandbox", "Stage", "Live". I want to set the test environment to "Sandbox" on a transition; I create a custom field called "Set Test Phase to Sandbox". I make the default option for that field "Sandbox". On transition, I copy value of field "Set Test Phase to Sandbox" to "Test Phase". BAM! I would attach a screenshot for clarity, but I don't have any karma points yet. :)

EDIT - adding image now that I have a karma point.

Suggest an answer