Workflow transition Post-Functions - How do I set a custom ~boolean field to 1?

"Add a new post function to the unconditional result of the transition."

There is a simple field option.. which doesn't list multi-checkbox fields.

I'm using this as a single checkbox from an originally boolean source so 0 is unchecked and 1 is checked.

The closest I can get is to increment the value by 1, but nothing that will let me just set it to 1.

At least nothing that I'm seeing. Am I missing something? is there a way to setup the transition to set the custom multi-checkbox field to 1?

2 answers

I think it's dependent upon the "JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions" but this is my workaround:

I have a single select custom field with different options, for a testing environment:

"Test Phase"

Options include "Local", "Sandbox", "Stage", "Live". I want to set the test environment to "Sandbox" on a transition; I create a custom field called "Set Test Phase to Sandbox". I make the default option for that field "Sandbox". On transition, I copy value of field "Set Test Phase to Sandbox" to "Test Phase". BAM! I would attach a screenshot for clarity, but I don't have any karma points yet. :)

EDIT - adding image now that I have a karma point.

I think it's dependent upon the "JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions" but this is my workaround:

I have a single select custom field with different options, for a testing environment:

"Test Environment"

Options include "Local", "Sandbox", "Stage", "Live". I want to set the test environment to "Sandbox" on a transition; I create a custom field called "Set Test Environment to Sandbox". I make the default option for that field "Sandbox". On transition, I copy value of field "Set Test Environment to Sandbox" to "Test Environment". BAM! I would attach a screenshot for clarity, but I don't have any karma points yet. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

469 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you