Workflow tab customization

bthayer November 16, 2017

So basically i am just trying to rename the workflow status' in my view issue screen. I need to do this because i have 2 different departments working out of the same project and "in progress" needs to be changed to something like "PM Review" or something like that. I know this can be done because i did this a while ago but for the life of me i cant remember what i did. lol 

4 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2017

The workflow buttons take their name from the labels you put on the transitions in the workflow.  Not the status.  Status and transitions are separate things.

Edit your workflow and you'll find a transition called "start progress".  Rename it.

Note, this is NOT renaming the status, it is the transition.  If you need different status names, you need to edit the status instead.  Bear in mind status are global objects, so renaming one will affect ALL the workflows that share it.  To avoid that, you'd need to add new status with the new name and remove the old one from the flow.

bthayer November 17, 2017

yes that is true, i renamed my transitions but nothing changed. :-(

ill just open a support ticket at this point. thanks for all of the help guys!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2017

Support will tell you the same thing.

I suspect you've forgotten to publish the draft of the workflow though.

1 vote
H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

Hello @bthayer,

you have to go to the requests types in your project settings. There you can "edit fields" of each type. In there, there is also a second tab where you can rename the workflow statuses.

0 votes

No i want to change the names of the bottons on the view issue screen at the top of the issue. Instead of saying "start progress" i want it to say "send to PM" or something like that.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2017

Hello,

If you are talking about service desk statuses on portal.  Kindly read the following guide

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-request-types-and-workflows-732528910.html

Go straight to Customize the workflow statuses for a request type part

Suggest an answer