Workflow - status 'not closed' shows Closed items

Blommetje May 11, 2014

Hi,

I edited the Workflow a lot and now have the following items I don't understand.

In the workflow some statuses are orange and some orange. My final status 'Accepted and Closed' . This one is green and is labeled as 'category: Complete' .

However, when I select 'my Open Issues' it shows all these 'closed' items. I just don't know why.

How can this be set?

Many thanks!!

Blommetje

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

I suspect your workflow and/or screens is not using "resolution" correctly.

Could you check where you are setting and clearing the resolution? Post-functions? Do you have it on any screens? Even if you've chosen not to use resolution, you need to deal with it for Jira to function correctly.

Blommetje May 11, 2014

Well, yeah, that was totally the problem.

Two questions because of this:

1) I no edited the 6 workflows I have to close the issue via a post-fuction. Is this the best way?

2) I had to go through all the Issues to het from Open to Closed. Can this be done in batches for future problems?

Thanks a lot!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand that really. I think it's just the language - I'm thinking in Jira-speak, rather than English.

1) You don't close an issue with a post-function. You close issues with a transtion. The transtition can have post-functions, and if you are ok to always use the same resolution (which is NOT the same as "status"), then you can set that in a post-function. Is that what you've done? And used a similar function to clear out the resolution when you go through transtions that you want to mean "re open"?

2) I think you mean you've been pushing issues trhough transitions in order to fix them? To do that for lots of issues in one go, try "bulk edit"

Suggest an answer