Workflow scheme and project: where do they link in database?

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2012

I have a project to which I assigned a new workflow scheme.

The new workflow scheme consists of workflows that I imported from another system. I exported them from the other system (through XML) and changed the "jira.fieldscreen.id" and "statuses" values to their new values in the destination project.

The workflows seem to work fine, but when I open the project administration and click the "Workflows" tab, I get the following error message:

Error rendering WebPanel (workflows/workflows.vm): org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getHtml' in class com.atlassian.jira.web.component.IssueConstantWebComponent threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException at workflows/workflows.vm[line 136, column 65]

I have looked for this error and all suggestions don't seem to apply.

I am now looking for a way how I can dissociate this workflow scheme from this project and assign a different workflow scheme through database manipulation.

Any suggestion?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2012
0 votes
Wouter Addink July 9, 2012

We have the same problem with a workflow imported from another Jira:

Error rendering WebPanel (workflows/workflows.vm): org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'getHtml' in class com.atlassian.jira.web.component.IssueConstantWebComponent threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException at workflows/workflows.vm[line 136, column 65]

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2012

Hey have the same error. Same line and column. Did you get this error solved?

Luzia Mendes
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2012

double and triple check whether all the statuses you're using in your workflow in fact exist. When you find the one that does not, just recreate it and it will work again.

Mikkel Kragelund Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2012

Well, ended up deleting the entire project, workflow and starting over, without importing the workflow.
Worked like a charm ;-)

Suggest an answer