Workflow - problem with delete step and problem with back connection between steps

Dominik Mazur March 18, 2013

Hi All,

I would like to ask you in helping with following items.

1. I couldn't delete septs in work flow - info from system below

"You cannot delete a step on a draft workflow that exists on the parent workflow."

2. I couldn't make a back connection from new step to old step in working workflow - info from system below

"You are editing a draft workflow. The step ''Reviewed and Estimated'' has no outgoing transitions in the Active workflow, so you cannot add any outgoing transitions in the Draft workflow."

Thanks in advance for some suggestions.

Dominik

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2013

1. Draft workflows cannot do everything. To delete a step from a workflow, you need to copy it to a new version, remove the step and then migrate the project over to the new workflow. This is because drafted workflows don't have the code behind them to cope with the potential data migration required when you delete a step. They really are limited to changing the workflow only. Whereas deleting a step means you may need to edit issues as well.

2. That's a known bug in the workflow editor stuff. Again, the solution is to create a new workflow, or a copy of the existing one. (There may be some argument around whether it's a bug, design flaw etc, but it breaks editing of workflows and isn't really a justifiable break from what I can see - there's no good explanation as to why not having transitions already should break your ability to add more)

Dominik Mazur March 22, 2013

Thanks for your support. I've resolved it base on your suggestion.

Suggest an answer