Workflow permissions

Jonathan Ingram October 11, 2017

Hi. How can I change the current developer roles jira-software-users or create a new user role that only allows user classes to make certain workflow changes. For instance, I want developers to mark a task as resolved, but not closed/complete. I need resolved to pass to another higher user level who can check accuracy and mark closed.

2 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2017

I suggest you use project roles and then you can have a condition on the workflow that only allows certain roles to execute it. 

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2017

You can create new Project Roles from the System tab in administration. Then you can build a custom permission scheme to apply to your projects. In your project, fill the roles with the right members. And you can customize your workflow to only allow certain roles to perform certain transitions as Joe said.

Suggest an answer