Workflow not working

Wart Fransen July 23, 2012

Hi I have created a custom workflow by copying the default jira workflow, adding steps and statuses.

I have sucessfully assigned the workflow to a project, however when i go to a issue in that project and try to move a issue to the next step in the workflow (the button is visible and clickable) nothing happens.

The screen does refreshes, but the status stays the same.

I cant figure out what might cause this.

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2012

Does it use a transition screen which somehoe got deleted or something?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2012

I would raise it with Atlassian. Without seeing logs, we are just firing into the dark.

I have tried no screen, default screen and workflow screen. same results...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2012

Yup, we've ruled out almost everything we can do with the UI.

One last thought - I don't know if you have access to the integrity checker in OnDemand. If you do, I'd try that, and see if it spots any problems. If it does, let them fix it, and try again.

If there's no luck with that, then I'm completely out of ideas and really need to see the logs.

0 votes
V July 23, 2012

Any specific errors in the log file ?

One more thing you can do, if you have applied any conditions on the transitions, do check them and make sure that you have rights to perform the transition.

Thanks,

Venkat

We are using the hosted version, so i cant access the logs. I have setup no conditions. I did use global Transitions. see screenshot

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2012

Are you using any validators or post-functions on the transitions that are failing? (I left out conditions because they would stop you using the transitions before you even click on them). Also, any listeners that aren't off-the-shelf (although I don't think OnDemand lets you use them)

no validators.

post-functions has the 5 that were added by default:

Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.

— THEN

Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition.

— THEN

Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database.

— THEN

Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.

— THEN

Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners.

Edit

thanks for your help Nic and Venkat

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2012

Bother, that would have been decent places to point the finger of blame. At least they're ruled out, even if they're (annoyingly) not the answer.

Suggest an answer