Workflow migration and issue types?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2013

When we do a workflow migration, from 1 scheme to another, why does it ask about migrating issues types that are not even associated with the project's issue type scheme? We have about 100 issue types and every time I migrate, I have to go through all of them to indicate what to do with them - but, the project has an issue type scheme of usually 10 or less and there are obviously no issues of that type in the project (since you cannot if you switch issue type schemes).

Seems very odd to require that...

1 answer

2 votes
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2013

I reckon this is because you can associate workflows to specific issue types in a workflow scheme. By default, it would be Unassigned Issue Types; this happens when you are changing from a workflow scheme that has workflows associated to the Bug and New Feature issue types to a workflow scheme that has workflows linked with Task and Bug issue types. The Bug issue types would be linked correctly, but JIRA would warn you of potential issues when migrating issues of type New Feature to Task.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

So, even if those issues types are not in the scheme associated with the project, if i have unassigned issue types associated with a workflow, it actually looks at all global ones - not just those in the scheme?

Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

Not really, it should be looking at the issue types that are set in the Issue Type Scheme. Is this what's happening to your instance currently?

Suggest an answer