Workflow issues

Mukul Varma May 22, 2015

When I make changes to a workflow, an error is given saying active workflows cannot be edit.  I publish the workflow and then try to edit and I get the same error message.  What is going on?

3 answers

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2015

Mukul

I believe the documentation below should helps to understand how editing a workflow works in JIRA.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-editingActiveandinactiveworkflows

Cheers

L.F

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2015

Hello Mukul,

You can't edit an active workflow (currently being used) , so try to copy the workflow and make your changes there, after that, just assign that new workflow copy you just created to your project again.

0 votes
Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2015

What are you trying to do on this workflow exactly ? Because there are actions that cannot be done on a draft workflow, and must be donne on an inactive workflow. (e.g. removing a status)

Suggest an answer