Workflow issues on a master board- do all the projects in the master board need the same workflow??

Monica Ross January 23, 2018

I'm a complete newbie to Jira and have been tasked with setting it up for our company. After doing some research and lots of time sifting through this forum, I've decided I'm going to set up separate projects for each department and then organize initiatives within those projects as epics.

Our dev team works on parts of multiple projects at a time so I'm trying to create a "master" board with all the projects so that when it's time to move items into the sprint, I can see whats in the back log from all the projects. I set up a workflow and tired to keep it as simple as possible (allowing all statuses to transitions to each other), but in the board when I try to move any tasks to any other statuses,I get this message: "Something isn't letting us move PPO-6 to In Review. Ask your project administrator to check the workflow settings and transition conditions." I get this message whether I use a task from anther project, or if I create a task in the master board project. workflow_on_master_board.png

I made a new project and used the same exact workflow (literally applied the workflow to the new project) and it works perfectly, so I'm at a loss at what I'm doing wrong on the master board.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?? Thank you SO so much in advance! 

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

It could just be some permissions on the workflow transition. Maybe you need to be in a project role to do that transition.

Suggest an answer