Workflow for QM-Approval

Deficiency April 7, 2015

Hi.

How can i manage the following scenario.

We have for every Issue a approval from the IT/Developer and a QM.

The IT/Developer and the QM working parallel, so i need some kind of Logic in the Transition: if both Status were reached the Issue can be set to e.g. Ready for Deployment.

How can i achive this?

Thanks a lot

Florian

2 answers

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2015

If you have SIL programs (Kepler Tools), you can create Condition scripts to check on the prior status of the ticket.

Add 2 transitions from 'Open' (or wherever you start),  to IT and QM

Add 2 transitions from IT, one to QM and one to 'Approved'

Add 2 transitions from QM, one to IT and one to 'Approved'

On IT -> Approved, put a validator that prior state was QM

On QM -> Approved, put a validator that prior state was IT

You want to think about whether to put conditions on IT -> QM and QM -> IT or allow them to pass tickets back and forth.

I'm sure something similar can be done in Groovy as well, but here is how our script looks, you'll need to modify the script for your situation.

//Check if the previous step was Open Development
number STATUS_OPEN_DEV = 10003;
number STATUS_OPEN = 1;
string[] status_history = fieldHistory(key, "status");
if (arrayGetElement(status_history,arraySize(status_history)-3) == STATUS_OPEN_DEV || arrayGetElement(status_history,arraySize(status_history)-3) == STATUS_OPEN){
return true;
} else {
return false;
}

Hope this helps

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2015

You can use Sub-Tasks to track the approval for each interested parties and put a restriction in the Parent Issue so that it will only close if the Sub-Tasks are closed.

Deficiency April 7, 2015

Thanks for your idea. i will discuss it and come back to you =)

Suggest an answer