Workflow editor arrows and labels reset after switching to text view

Paul Effting July 6, 2013

I am implementing a custom workflow in the JIRA workflow editor. I started out with a rough version where I just was quickly drawing arrows to get all the transitions in. After that, I straightened all the arrows and labels out.

This is where the problem occurs: every time I navigate away from the graphical editor to e.g. Text View and go back again, all the arrows and labels are in their initial positions again. So everything is back to its rough position. I also notice that arrow anchors get reset.

Has anyone else seen this problem and knows what can be done to fix this?

I'm running JIRA 6.0.3 build 6099 on Linux on PostgreSQL. I'm drawing the workflow from a Windows machine on Firefox 21.0 (also tried Internet Explorer 10, same problem)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Effting July 9, 2013

The problem is a bug in the Workflow editor. The problem occurs when placing the anchors at the edge of the state blocks. After switching to Text view and back to Diagram, the anchors reset to default position in the middle of the block. Therefor, the arrows and labels move as well. The workaround is to place the anchors somewhere within the state blocks. After doing that, everything stays put.

A JRA issue was created for this problem: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-33829.

Suggest an answer